Material to categorize
- Hegel, Marx and Huey P. Newton on the Underclass.Joshua Anderson - 2022 - Social Philosophy Today 38:99-111.
- Feminism as Racist Backlash: How Racism Drove the Development of Nineteenth- and Twentieth-Century Feminist Theory.Tommy J. Curry - 2022 - In A. Deshpande (ed.), Handbook on Economics of Discrimination and Affirmative Action. Singapore: pp. 1-27.
- ‘Black Intellectuals in the Age of Crack’: Organic Responsibility, the Race-Class-Gender Nexus, and Action Paralysis in the Boston Review Roundtables, 1992–1993.Lukas Slothuus - 2022 - Global Intellectual History 1 (00):00.
- Divine and Mortal Loves.Ryan Preston-Roedder - forthcoming - Religious Studies.
- African American Philosophers and Philosophy: An Introduction to the History, Concepts, and Contemporary Issues.John H. McClendon - 2019 - New York: Bloomsbury Academic.
- Howard Thurman and the African American Nonviolence Tradition.Kipton E. Jensen - 2019 - In Amin Asfari (ed.), Civility, Nonviolent Resistance, and the New Struggle for Social Justice. Brill | Rodopi.
- Audre Lorde’s Erotic as Epistemic and Political Practice.Caleb Ward - forthcoming - Hypatia.
- On Plantation Politics: Citizenship and Antislavery Resistance in Douglass’s My Bondage and My Freedom.Philip Yaure - forthcoming - Philosophical Studies.
- History of Racism in Healthcare: From Medical Mistrust to Black African-American Dentists as Moral Exemplar and Organizational Ethics—a Bioethical Synergy Awaits.Carlos Stringer Smith - 2022 - American Journal of Bioethics 22 (12):7-9.
- Black Trust in Covid-19 Vaccine Efficacy: An Application of Kauppinen’s Epistemic Normativity.Maddox Larson - manuscript
- African American Readings of Paul: Reception, Resistance, and Transformation.[author unknown] - 2020
- The Philosopher's Bass Drum: Adorno's Jazz and the Politics of Rhythm.Maya Kronfeld - 2019 - Radical Philosophy 2 (5):34-47.
- Eugene Rivers and the Responsibility of Intellectuals.Lukas Slothuus - 2022 - Constellations 29 (2):244-258.
- Why African American Philosophy Matters: A Case for Not Centering White Philosophers and White Philosophy.El-Ra Radney - 2021 - Philosophia Africana 20 (1):44-66.
- Doth He Protest Too Much? Thoughts on Matthew’s Black Devaluation Thesis.Michael Merry - forthcoming - Dialogue.
- Broken Black Bodies: African American Women, Intimate Violence, and the Embodied Legibility of Care in the (Post)-Slavery Archive.Jessica Millward - 2022 - Palimpsest 11 (1):66-84.
- The Untold Story of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., The Cyborg in Advance.Amir Jaima - forthcoming - The Acorn.
- Chapter 15 Publics, Prosperity, and Politics: The Changing Face of African American Christianity and Black Political Life.Eddie Glaude - 2022 - In Miguel Vatter (ed.), Crediting God: Sovereignty and Religion in the Age of Global Capitalism. Fordham University Press. pp. 285-304.
- Philosophy and the African American Modern Freedom Struggle: A Freedom Gaze.Anthony Sean Neal - 2022 - Lanham: Lexington Books.
- Uterus Collectors: The Case for Reproductive Justice for African American, Native American, and Hispanic American Female Victims of Eugenics Programs in the United States.Eric D. Smaw - 2022 - Bioethics 36 (3):318-327.
- African-American Philosophy.Leonard Harris - 2021 - In V. Y. Mudimbe & Kasereka Kavwahirehi (eds.), Encyclopedia of African Religions and Philosophy. Springer Verlag. pp. 33-35.
- The Nomination of an African American Woman to SCOTUS Is More Than a Promise.Vicente Medina - 2022 - Prindle Post.
- Reading While Black: African American Biblical Interpretation as an Exercise in Hope.[author unknown] - 2020
- "Darkwater's Existentialist Socialism".Thomas Meagher - 2018 - Socialism and Democracy 32 (3):81-104.
- Engaging Social Justice Methods to Create Palliative Care Programs That Reflect the Cultural Values of African American Patients with Serious Illness and Their Families: A Path Towards Health Equity.Ronit Elk & Shena Gazaway - 2021 - Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics 49 (2):222-230.
- African American Political Thought Reimagined: A Review of African American Political Thought: A Collected History. [REVIEW]Adom Getachew - forthcoming - European Journal of Political Theory.
- George Floyd Jr as a Philosophical Problem.Tommy J. Curry - 2021 - The Harvard Review of Philosophy 28:171-191.
- Metaphysics and Justification of Rhetoric in the African American Vernacular Tradition.Douglas Clarke - 2010 - Caribbean Journal of Philosophy 2 (1).
- “A Fulfillment So High”: New Directions in African American Philosophy for the Study of Howard Thurman and Martin Luther King, Jr.Anthony Sean Neal, Michael Barber & Eddie O’Byrn - 2020 - The Acorn 20 (1-2):5-21.
- African American Political Thought Reimagined: A Review of African American Political Thought: A Collected History. [REVIEW]Adom Getachew - forthcoming - Sage Publications: European Journal of Political Theory.
- Reweaving the Social Fabric Transversally.Lee A. Mcbride Iii - 2022 - In Lee A. Mcbride Iii & Erin McKenna (eds.), Pragmatist Feminism and the Work of Charlene Haddock Seigfried. London, UK: Bloomsbury. pp. 143-163.
- II—Must There Be an Empirical Basis for the Theorization of Racialized Subjects in Race-Gender Theory?Tommy J. Curry - 2021 - Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society 121 (1):21-44.
- Locke and Rorty on Cultural Pluralism.Keunchang Oh - 2021 - Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society 57 (1):45-64.
- In the Service of God and Humanity: Conscience, Reason, and the Mind of Martin R. Delany. [REVIEW]Philip Yaure - 2021 - Civil War Book Review 23 (2).
- He Never Mattered: Poor Black Males and the Dark Logic of Intersectional Invisibility.Tommy J. Curry - 2021 - In The Movement for Black Lives: Philosophical Perspectives. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. pp. 59-89.
- Conditioned for Death: Analysing Black Mortalities From Covid-19 and Police Killings in the United States as a Syndemic Interaction.Tommy J. Curry - 2021 - Comparative American Studies An International Journal 17 (3-4):257-270.
- Another White Man's Burden Josiah Royce's Quest for a Philosophy of White Racial Empire.Tommy J. Curry - 2018 - New York, NY, USA: SUNY Press.
- Black Radical Nationalist Theory and Afrofuturism 2.0.Renaldo Anderson & Tommy J. Curry - 2021 - In Critical Black Futures: Speculative Theories and Explorations. New York, NY, USA: pp. 119-138.
- He Wasn’T Man Enough: Black Male Studies and the Ethnological Targeting of Black Men in 19th Century Suffragist Thought.Tommy J. Curry - 2021 - In African American Studies. Edinburgh, UK: pp. 209-224.
- Race and the ‘Right to Growth’: Embodiment and Education in the Work of Anna Julia Cooper.Kevin Cedeño-Pacheco - 2021 - British Journal for the History of Philosophy 29 (2):358-371.
- Declaration in Douglass's My Bondage & My Freedom.Philip Yaure - 2020 - American Political Thought 9 (4):513-541.
- Ontology, Experience, and Social Death: On Frank Wilderson's Afropessimism.Patrick O'Donnell - 2020 - APA Newsletter on Philosophy and the Black Experience 20 (1).
- Newton Contra Alt-Right Nietzsche: Dionysus as Androgynous Black Panther.Joshua M. Hall - 2020 - The Pluralist 15 (2):110-128.
- Ethics and Insurrection: A Pragmatism for the Oppressed.I. I. I. Lee A. McBride - 2021 - London: Bloomsbury Publishing.
- An Ontological Puzzle About the Speech of Black Folk.Stephen Lester Thompson - 1993 - Found Object 2:21-29.
- The Grammar of Civilization: Crummell and Douglass on Doing Things with Words.Stephen Lester Thompson - 1999 - In Bill Lawson & Frank Kirkland (eds.), Frederick Douglass: A Critical Reader. Malden, MA, USA: pp. 173-203.
- Meaning in an Epistemic System.Stephen Lester Thompson - 1999 - In Leonard Harris (ed.), The Critical Pragmatism of Alain Locke. Lanham, MD 20706, USA: pp. 291-310.
- Book Review: The Enigma of Clarence Thomas, by Corey Robin. [REVIEW]Brandon M. Terry - 2020 - Political Theory 48 (1):109-121.
- William Abraham: The Mind of Africa. [REVIEW]Richmond Kwesi - 2019 - Contemporary Journal of African Studies 6:158-162.
- Afro‐Catholic Festivals in the Americas: Performance, Representation, and the Making of Black Atlantic Tradition. Edited by Cécile Fromont. Pp. 203, Pennsylvania State University Press, 2019, $72.52. [REVIEW]Victor Houliston - 2019 - Heythrop Journal 60 (6):935-935.
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: